The College has its origins in the year 1428 and has an eclectic mix of buildings. There has been a continuous tradition of academic study on the site for nearly 600 years,
Magdalene admits roughly 100 undergraduate students each year for all courses offered by the University of Cambridge, and roughly 80 postgraduate students. Our small annual intake helps to foster a family atmosphere and a close-knit community.
Visitors are very welcome to visit the College at most times during the year and are requested to check-in at the Porters' Lodge on arrival. For a few weeks during the Easter Term the College is closed to visitors to allow students to prepare for their exams, but it is still possible to visit the Pepys Library during its opening hours.